《2015年高中英語俚語習語小對話 第9期 妻管嚴英語怎么說素材》由會員分享,可在線閱讀,更多相關《2015年高中英語俚語習語小對話 第9期 妻管嚴英語怎么說素材(1頁珍藏版)》請在裝配圖網上搜索。
1、妻管嚴英語怎么說
習語:a hen-pecked husband
講解:hen-pecked表示“受老婆虐待或怕老婆的人”,所以a hen-pecked husband指的是“怕老婆的人”,和中文的“妻管嚴”類似。
英語情景對話1:
He is a hen-pecked husband and his wife wears the trousers on all the matters.
他是個“妻管嚴”,家里事無巨細全由老婆說了算。
He never does anything without asking his wife first—he's a completely hen
2、-pecked husband.
他做任何事都要首先請示他老婆—他是個十足的“妻管嚴”。
Yes, everyone knows he is a hen-pecked husband.
對呀,大家都知道他家有母老虎。
英語情景對話2:
A: Does your wife work?
你的妻子工作嗎?
B: Yes, she does. She works at home.
是的,她在家工作。
A: Oh, I understand. She cooks, cleans and takes care of children. Is that right?
哦,我明白了。他做飯
3、,打掃屋子,看孩子,對嗎?
B: Oh, no. Most of the time I do these things. She is a writer.
哦,不。大多數時間是我干這些活。她是個作家。
A: You are really a hen-pecked husband.
你可真是個“妻管嚴”呀。
英語學習筆記:
take care of:照顧,照料
I ached to be of an age to take care of myself.
我巴望能到自食其力的年齡。
I’ll take care of the affairs of office.
我來處理辦公室的日常事務。